Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My first Venezuelan percussion lesson.

Let me introduce to you Elvis. He is a biology teacher in a Caracas suburb and related to the Lorcas family. Elvis is introducing me to Venezuelan folk music. I bet Mr. Datsko didn't think I could do this.





Elvis is also showing me the largest slum in Latin America. Petare is a city made of a series of barrios which are unregulated buildings stacked on one another. You cannot see the immensity of it by this video but here you will see Petare during the day and at night, which is actually quit beautiful. There are are around 600,000 people living here.

It just so happens today Belamry and I will meet couple from the US who have been working with residence of Petare through the a Southern Baptist missions organization.



No comments:

Post a Comment