Thursday, March 11, 2010

Caracas at last!

The flight went well and the sun rise was magnificent. I got through customs without a hitch, Belmary and Ruben met me just as planned.

Ruben is a former trombonist in the Simon Bolivar Orchestra presently teaching in El Sistema as well as Belmary is a former violinist in Simon Bolivar Orchestra. Belmary lives in the USA, freelances in Philadelphia and teaches Suzuki violin at the Community Music School of Collegeville. Both are assigned to keep me out of trouble. So far so good!

I am living in San Paulo a suburb of Caracas and the view out my window is magnificent. I have a panoramic view of much of Caracas with El Avila looming in the back ground. !Es hermoso!

I will be teaching at El Conservatoia Simon Bolívar tomorrow with a class of trombonist. When I learn to post my videos I hope to show you some action shots.

Hasta luego

4 comments:

  1. Did you learn a lot of Spanish before you left? :) Hope to see some photo updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! make sure to send some pictures of the view from your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tom,

    We're looking forward to your updates and hopefully you'll be able to post video of your teaching. We're praying for you. Blessings... Frank & Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hearing from you via blog. Not the same without you at LM. Harriet A. stopped in today to ask about you...she sends her best. Hope your experience is meeting your expectations. dan b

    ReplyDelete